What is the Commercial Roof Replacement Process Like?
When it comes to commercial roof replacement, you need to be aware of several factors. A commercial roof installation can take up to 3 weeks while a residential roof can take up to 2 days.
- First, you should expect to do extensive research about which contractor you choose—make sure they communicate clearly, honestly and are professional in their behavior and services. Discuss what their process looks like, go over reviews and ask them about pricing.
- Next, look into the various materials that will be used. There are several options available such as metal, slate, wood shakes and tiles. Consult your contractor and do your own research in order to decide what material will work best for you.
- After you have decided what materials you want, the contractor you choose will remove the old shingles. Once the crew has removed the old roof, they will inspect the decking of the roof to ensure it hasn’t sustained any damage and is in good condition.
- After the decking inspection, they will prepare the roof surface for new shingles. Following this, they will finally install the new roofing materials.
- Lastly, the crew will conduct a thorough cleanup and one last inspection of your roof.